SankarAbharaNam ( 1980 )
Poornodaya Art Creations
Nageswara Rao, Edida Sriramulu, Aakasam
Cast (in alphabetical order)
Chandra Mohan Manju Bhargavi Rajya Lakshmi .... debut Somayajulu, J.V Tulasi .... child role, Manjubhargavi's son
Arja Janardhan Rao .... Jhansi's brother Dubbing Janaki .... Vanta Attayya Jhansi .... Manjubhargavi's mother Jit Mohan Mitra .... daasu, 'brOce vaarevaruaa Ta Ta ..' guy Nirmalamma .... Chandramohan's baamma Ramalingayya, Allu saakshi ranga rao .... Mridanga vidwan
Seshu, Parupalli V
Balasubrahmanyam, S.P Janaki, S Vani Jayaram, P
Sundara ramamurthy, Veturi Sadasiva Brahmendraswamy Mysore Vasudevachari
- SankarA nAda SarIrApara vEdavihAra hara jiivEswara
- brOcE vArevarura ninu vina raghuvarA
- dorakunaa iTuvanTi sEva nee pada rAjeevamula
- mAnasa sancararE brahmaNi
- raagam taanam pallavi nA madilOne kadalADi
- sAmajavara gamana sAdhuhrut
- Om.. Om..OmkAra nAdAnu sandhAnamou gAnamE SankarAbharaNamu
- palukE bangAra mAyenA kOdanDapANi - partly
- E tIruga nanu dayajUcedavO ina vamSOttama rAmA
- mANikya veeNAm ubhalAlayanti madAlasa manjula
- sA ri ga rI ga pa dA pa
- brOcE vArevarura ta ta ta ta ninu vina ta ta ta ta - funny version
- lambOdara lakumekarA - partly
- rA raree rara ra...
Rajya Laxmi's first movie. She is famous with the name shankara bharanam rajya laxmi.
(Contributed by Madhava Manthri <> email@example.com )
A landmark film to revive classical music. All time hit for K.V. One of the Biggest Film hits of Telugu Industry. When BalamauralE krishna was approached to sing all the claasical songs, he agreed to sing only on the condition that he would play SomayAjulu's role. KV turned it down. SPB turned KV Mahadevan down to sing classical songs with the fear that he would not do the justice. Finally, it is PuhaLEndi who took the challenge to train SPB, and convinced him and the whole Production Team. SPB won national award for SankarA.. The whole Troop toured all over the World celebrating the grand success of the movie with the name 'SankarA bharaNam Night'
(Contributed by Mohan Devaraju <> firstname.lastname@example.org )
It is interesting to note the comment of Dr.M.Balamurali that the raagam of the song 'Omkaaranaadaala' did not stay in Sankarabharanam but strayed into a few other ragaas , somewhat damaging the reputation of Sankarasastry who insisted on the purity of raagam on several occasions in the movie.
(Contributed by Venkata Gopala Krishnayya, Addanki <> email@example.com )
(Data addition for the films has been temporarily suspended due to shifting the Swiss mirror site elsewhere)